I don't even think I could recap everything that's gone on in the last six weeks if I tried. I guess I've been sort of busy. :-) Or tired. Or both.
So I went to New York to see my sister. I spent a ton of money on her, but we had a great time. We went to New Jersey to Ikea. We rented a Uhaul and drove around Queens getting a futon mattress. We went to the Brooklyn Target. I missed my flight and had to spend an extra night. Which meant I was sort of in the dog house at work but it turned out ok.
Two weeks later I trotted off to Anaheim for the weekend. Conference. It actually was a lot of fun. We went to Disneyland. And I ran a little 5K and WON! Hahahaha. I actually won my age group (under 40), but still! I have a first place plaque. I've never won a race because I AM NOT FAST. So even though I had a good fast run, I know the only reason I won is there were about 5 people in my age group, and about 20 people in the entire race. I don't care though. I love being a winner!
This weekend is the half marathon. I've been running with the local Galloway running group and I really like them, so I've also signed up for the Big Sur half in November, and I'm considering doing the Napa Valley Marathon in March. Anyhow, the race means a busy weekend of stuff. In addition, next weekend is the Bahamas, so everything needs to be done for that this weekend too. So tomorrow I'm getting spray tan (don't laugh, I'm whiter than white) and a haircut and I've got to hit up the expo to get my packet and possibly some sport sunglasses.
Work is apparently going to be insane for the next couple of weeks. I'm kind of scared. I'm glad they like me and want me to be busy, but I am so exhausted every night as it is. How exhausted will I be two weeks from now?
Keeley has been doing really well lately, with the small exception of running into the street! Actually she's been going to a little doggie day care. I can't afford for her to go very often but she comes home exhausted, and I just decided that on days I'm going to work long hours, its worth the money for her to play all day. She loves it, and they love her and take good care of her. Today I really got my money's worth - 11 hours of day care and it appears she got a bath as well!
Ok well I'm headed to bed. Must get some sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, the under 40 group is the tough one. Far more respectable than winning in the OVER 40 group. ;)
Post a Comment