I put a lot of thought into this housing decision. It's hard, because I really enjoy living by myself, and living with a roommate will require significant lifestyle changes, I think. But the cost savings would be significant. And the house is so nice. But the duplex, it has so much potential.
That being said, I've decided to put my application in on the house. I will have to find a roommate, but I've talked it over with my mom, my dad, and my sister, and they all think its possible. The agent already checked with the owner and there's a fence and gate and dog run in the storage shed already. My pretty dog is welcome at this house! I think I will qualify for the house, on my own. I hope I do. Originally I wanted to put someone else's name on the lease, and I still may, but I may decide to have someone sublet from me so if things don't work out, I can get rid of them.
So any tips for finding a good roommate? As soon as I've officially got the house, I'll post pictures. It's beautiful. I'm pleased with my decision. And to think of the huge financial difference it will make for me. I will be able to pay off my credit cards so much faster. And my dog gets a yard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay to the house! No tips re roommates, sorry. Never had a roommate. Not because they suck, but because I do. Who could ever stand to put up with me? I'm awful.
Post a Comment