I'm about to go to the gym. But I was talking to my mom this morning about scooters, and thinking of buying one. Now, its a decent sized purchase, so its not something to be decided lightly, and I have to take a motorcycle class to learn how to ride one. But, I'm thinking it might be a pretty big reward for some goals.
For example, I have really struggled with my weight since graduating from law school. And I always give myself little goal rewards but I never seem to care enough to stick to them. So what if I said that the scooter is a reward for goal weight? That's a big incentive because (a) the scooter is cool, and (b) it would save me money every month on gas. Gas is very expensive as we all know. What do people think? I'd be healthier b/c I'd be skinnier, and I'd be saving the environment a little too. And realistically, goal weight is 20 lbs from now, which is not going to come off in a month.
I'm really trying to improve my finances. I've had a lot of big purchases recently, so I need to STOP BUYING SHIT. But I now have a new phone and a new tv. My car is in for its service today. I have a new computer and plenty of clothes. So from now to the end of the year I could try to save an extra $100/month into an account for some upcoming expenses: Nat's bachelorette party and wedding, possible family trips to Mexico, Christmas. I'm already saving $100/mo into my IRA and another $75 into my high interest account. I could change that $75 to $175.
And I could spend the remaining $300 extra I saved by moving into a lower rent place on paying down my mastercard. I've made good progress paying off some smaller accounts, and I'm about to pay off my Best Buy card (mostly has C's graduation gift on it). I may consider cashing out most of my money market (all of it?) to pay down debt.
Well, thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment