Sunday, May 04, 2008

Marathon: One Week Later

Having recovered more fully by this point, I can say it was a pretty damn significant accomplishment.

Now moving on to the next stage in my life....nothing. Haha. Actually, I'm going back to Weight Watchers seriously (don't think running a marathon makes you skinny - it does not). I'm going to resume swimming, and spinning. In a week or two, I'll go back to running. Easily. I'm going to set my weekend runs at 6 miles, and focus on fitness running. Maybe work on my speed. I'd like to do a 10K sometime this summer or fall and do it in under an hour. 10K is a nice distance. My goals really are to get healthy (leg-wise), and stay healthy so I can continue running. I think I got bit by the running bug, so I gotta figure how to keep it going.

In other news, Keeley went and did her first serious agility training today. I found a couple people who offer training for free, so we're going to do that for a while. It's good for both of us. It's training but its fun. It reinforces everything she already know because she has to do it, and then she gets to show off and jump through hoops, over little doggie jumps, run through tunnels, across dog walks and up and down a teeter-totter. She had a blast! And she's tired tonight, I can tell. Only bad part is she ate like a million and one treats! So she wasn't hungry for her dinner!

8 days till NYC and C's graduation. I bought a super cute black linen sundress at Marshalls yesterday for $25 (Liz Claiborne, no less). Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can wear it for graduation.

1 comment:

Make Mine a Triple said...

If running a marathon doesn't make you skinny...dude...what's the point? ;)

Just kidding (well, mostly) -- congrats on finishing! You may not be as skinny as you want, but I bet you're crazy healthy.