I signed up for a boot camp program tonight. This is my week to remember what it is to exercise regularly before it starts. I'm afraid I've taken a hard fall off the wagon of late. I've been sick, and before that was trying swimming instead of running, and really, when you get comfortable not working out everyday, its pretty easy to keep that up.
Boot camp is M-W-F at 6 am. OMG. I figure the other two days I can swim before or after work (swimming after work is easier than running after work).
I needed to try something different. I was in a big rut. I considered martial arts of some sort, but the marital arts place around the corner didn't offer a lot of good choices at convenient times. Ugh. Seriously, inquiring minds want to know why gyms, etc offer the bulk of their classes between 8 and 5 instead of before and after. Why are employed people relegated to 6 am spinning and working out on their own? Don't we deserve kickboxing and cardiosculpt and all of those things? Apparently gyms cater to stay at home parents, self-employed and students. Irritating.
So this week not only do I have to practice getting up and hitting the gym at the ass crack of dawn, I have to go in for my pre-camp consultation where they measure my body fat (cringe) among other things. SCARY. But I really enjoyed boot camp when I did it before law school, and I was in great shape. So here's hoping that new things will lead to good things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment