Friday, August 22, 2008

The week is over

It was a truly hellacious week. Actually, the last month or two at work has been completely insane, and this week just seemed like all the shit was hitting the fan all at once. So basically I left a little early yesterday and today I was less than productive, but you know what? I do not give a shit. I am exhausted. I am emotionally worn out. I needed a day to write mindless sample letters which cannot be billed to the client.

Boot camp is hard work but I'm hanging in there. This week we did some fitness testing. I did 25 pushups in 1 minute on Wednesday. I was pretty impressed. Maybe the swimming is actually helping my upper body strength. Today we did the timed mile, and I ran a 10:19. I had planned to run in super slow so that at the end of the month I would show crazy improvement, but I felt good and needed to get some aggression out. So I ran moderately hard and figure I can shave a minute off that with some effort at the end of the month. I sort of hate the instructor, as I find her condescending and I feel like she thinks I'm a lazy fat ass. Today in particular she was totally condescending before the mile: "it's going to be hard, pace yourself, don't overdo it in the first half or you'll be winded and laboring for the second half." Lady, I ran 26.2 miles a few months ago. I think I can handle ONE MILE. Whatevs. The good news is her attitude generally pisses me off and makes me want to prove her wrong. So I guess its working!

Keedlebug and I are good. She's still sporting her cute summer haircut. I'm considering taking her and me to running group tomorrow for a 5 miler. I have not run that far in months. But I think maybe we could do it slow, or even walk the second half. Or maybe just do 4.

I have very little else to report. I am exhausted. Did I mention that? But I should have some updates later this weekend. Maybe.

No comments: