I'm down to the wire here on the business purchase. I should know in the next two weeks if this is going to happen or not. Its been a long road, and I certainly wish I'd done some things differently in these 6 or 7 months. Probably would be in a different financial position.
On the one hand, I'm optimistic and hopeful that this is going to work out. Its a great opportunity for me. I'm sure its something I'll enjoy, and be good at. On the other hand, I know its not going to be easy, and it will probably turn out to be more stressful than I realized. Its also a huge financial commitment on my part, which I will be repaying for years.
Because the end is in sight, I've decided I better start putting together a backup plan. Which means seriously deciding if I am going to pursue legal work here in the Bay Area, work for myself, or do something else entirely. Fortunately (?) I have only the month of April left on my lease here, so if for some reason I have to move again, I can. Let's be clear. I don't want to move again. If I'm staying here in the Bay Area, I'll live here and look for work in the city or here in the East Bay. At least I'm centrally located now. I'm thinking more that there might be opportunities outside the state, which would necessitate a move.
I'll be upset if this deal doesn't go through, because I've devoted so much of my life to it for the last six months. But I decided I needed to be prepared that it may not work out. There's a lot of pieces that have to fall into place, and the reality is one of them may not (the financing). Its odd to me that its taken six months for me to have doubts, and I don't know if its doubts or just...anxiety.
Alright, well Kdog is begging for a trip to the park or for a walk, so I'm off. With a report soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment