Is my new motto for bar review. Actually the exam itself is a marathon, and the review is a ultramarathon maybe! Or maybe just the horrible months of training leading up to a marathon. This was a long horrible weekend in the middle of a long two weeks. We had no class last Saturday or Sunday (how great for us!) but starting last Monday, we have class every day until this coming Friday, including yesterday and today. And these last three days have been horrible 8 hour days. This morning I basically lost it. I am so freaking exhausted, stressed out, broke and everything else and I was walking the dog and crying. Sitting on the curb in the neighborhood, 7 am, weeping. And again on the phone to my mom after lunch. But I'm feeling a bit better. Mom reminded me that this is the horrible 24 mile training run before the marathon and I'm at mile 19 thinking I am never going to finish 24 let alone 26.2 because I'm so effing tired. But I just need to take a walk break, drink some water, eat some carbs and then I can run to the next telephone pole. So I did. And I made it through today, I took K to the park this afternoon and the dog park tonight and we're about to go for a walk, and I got my assignment done and tomorrow through Friday are back to 4 hour days. HOORAY! And then we have 4 days of no class for the Fourth of July. HOORAY!
But in my weaker moments, I feel panic stricken and terrified. What have I gotten myself into?
Did I mention my dog is cute? She really is. Cuter than her brother Pippin (but not by much)! She is looking forward to her grandma coming next month to take care of her and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can do it!!!!!!!!
(I also suggest that on these hot, horrible days that you get into the swimming pool at your complex for a few minutes. Does wonders!)
your momma is quite quite right, because you can do it. and when you are all done and walk out of that exam, it will be the best feeling in the world.
good luck!
(my favorite study snack is peanut butter filled pretzals from tj's. just don't look at the caloric content (or just eat in small doses))
Post a Comment