Friday, August 03, 2007

Running and Fitness Resume

I successfully worked out once this week. I know. I am doing so well. However, after much thought, I decided to go ahead and sign up for the San Jose Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon. It's the week before Sam's wedding, and if I've paid for it I feel guilty about not running and training (as opposed to now when I feel only sort of guilty). Also, I am going to see if my office wants to put together a team for it. That'd be fun, right? I can see everyone in my office staring at me as if I have grown 3 heads. Regardless, it will be good for me. Something to work towards. And I'm going to attempt to run before work. With my dog. Hahahaha. This should be very funny.

I'm also considering registering for the Big Sur 1/2 a month later. Again, enforced fitness. And Carla and I are going to check out the YMCA down the road here. I don't think I have the monthly budget for a gym membership, but I'll check it out all the same. Maybe I can get a spinning gig there.

In other news, I misplaced my debit card and therefore have had to request a new one. 5 business days. Hopefully sooner!

I am spending the weekend resting. Without a debit card it is harder to spend money. I am avoiding my credit cards to the best of my ability. I think I will go to the bank in the morning and take out some cash and pay cash for everything until I get my new card. So annoying to have lost it.

Anyhow, wish me luck on my resumed running adventure. I need goals. I need milestones. Maybe I can shave a few minutes off my time from May. I did 2:24.05 in May. That includes two episodes of exercise induced asthma when I couldn't breathe. Maybe I can do 2:20 this time. Combine running seriously and Weight Watchers and I might lose all this weight I've been carrying around for a year.

1 comment:

Make Mine a Triple said...

Half-marathon? Wow. I'm in good shape, elliptical-wise, but I couldn't do it. I run 5Ks. And by "run," I mean walk. Slowly.