I'm considering setting goals for myself each month. Like baby steps towards realizing bigger goals. With even smaller goals every week. For example, in March, I want to make actual progress at WW. Which means counting my points and going to meetings. I did not go to my meeting this morning because I was at my massage (which is part of my health/fitness goals), but in the future, I will go. So let's see how this goals.
Monthly Goals (with smaller weekly goals noted)
- Eat lunch out only once per week (prefer not at all, but that's unrealistic).
- Plan lunches ahead of time. So this week I purchased two Lean Cuisine Flatbread Melts, and I figure those plus leftovers will get me through 4 lunches. I also purchased some fruit and crackers for snacks.
- Lose weight. Vague, right? I just want to see the scale go down at my weekly meetings. It has been, just very slowly. I'm going to focus myself and commit to myself. I'd like to lose 8 lbs before the marathon (that's 1 lb a week, and would be more than halfway to my 10%). However, marathoning is not conducive to losing weight (hungry all the time), so I'm trying to be realistic. Therefore, any downward movement is good.
- To make this happen this week, I planned my meals, and bought nutritious snacks. I also have been becoming more active on the WW site, in the hopes that some extra support is just what I need.
- Stay healthy. Also vague. Essentially I want to not get hurt in these final two months. I have this nagging IT band/hip problem, so I need to focus on making that better, and just doing my training runs.
- This week: Foam roller my legs twice a day. Even today after a 90 minute massage. Run twice this week before the weekend. Swim the other two days. Swimming is good for my core and easy on my legs. Do my twenty mile run next Saturday.
That's it for this month. I'm trying to keep it simple and straightforward. Things are a little nutty this month with moving and training.
In other news, I had a very successful shopping outing this afternoon and came home with two new sweaters and two new camisoles. And only half of it was my own money. The rest was reward gift certificates.
No comments:
Post a Comment