It's Sunday morning. I'm about to take the silly dog for a walk. Possibly we'll stop and play frisbee at the park.
Yesterday I was planning to run twenty miles. I got up, I ate a little more pre-run breakfast than usual (20 miles is a long ways), I took my requisite sudafed and added an immodium as a preventative measure. Nothing hurt. I made sure I had extra powdered Gu2o to mix an a second bottle of sports drink for the back 10. I was ready for a long morning of running.
So off I go with the group, who is doing 7. I'm running at the back, nice and easy. Probably could have gone out even easier, to be honest, but it seemed ok. Until about mile 3. My hip was hurting me so badly, I knew I couldn't do twenty. The deal is if it hurts at mile 3, long distances aren't possible. If it doesn't start hurting till much later (mile 10 or so), then I can finish. Slowly. With lots of walking.
So I turned around. One of my fellow runners/group leader believes its my IT band instead of my hip flexor. So since yesterday I'm walking around in pain. But this morning I have a massage scheduled so the massage therapist can really work the knots and pain loose. Apparently this helps even if it hurts.
That's my plan for the morning. I'd better take K out for her walk. She's getting antsy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment