Well its obviously been a couple of months since I last posted. I am pleased to report I am feeling a lot better. A trip to the dr resulted in an antidepressant prescription which has dramatically improved my mood, and my general outlook. I have not lost any weight yet, but I am starting to exercise again and am generally feeling much improved.
I've also been away from work for a week now, and that is nice. I have a week left on vacation, and I'm hoping this much needed time away will make me feel ready to return to work. Part of my 2009 plan is to get organized and more effective at work. I think 2008 was a particularly challenging year for me, and looking back I see it not so much as an accomplishment but as a slog. But I think that was due to my general mood over the year - it felt impossible to think long term when it was so challenging to get out of bed every day. And honestly, it was every day - please let me get through this day. I literally was taking it a day at a time. Now, I feel more prepared to plan ahead. I think 2009 will be a good year. I hope.
So, here are my 2009 goals/resolutions:
1. Lose 30 lbs. Hopefully some of these lbs will be gone before a wedding at the end of February.
2. Set some reasonable fitness goal after I've been working out regularly for a month. It may be a half marathon, it may be something else.
(I hope to provide regular weight/fitness updates on here in 2009)
3. Save money for a down payment on a house.
4. Pay off at least one credit card.
5. Be more organized/effective at work: better time management, better leadership, improved confidence.
That's it. Trying to keep it manageable.
In the meantime, I have spent my vacation at home in Texas. K-dog came with me, on the airplane (scary). She and Merv seem to be having a good time. I've been catching up on my sleep, reading a lot of books, watching a lot of TLC and Animal Planet, and walking the dogs. This morning the dogs and I ran. It was nice. Tomorrow Christina comes, and we have a few days with her before K-dog and I head home. Then its nose to the grindstone.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment