Turns out some wheat snuck into my corn tortilla chicken taquitos yesterday. And the consequences are not particularly pleasant. Especially after I was so excited to discover a good tasting gluten free pizza crust. So its somewhat saddening to be stricken with unpleasantness after what seemed like a good day. It does take a day or two for things to work their way through me. Sigh.
I've embarked on a quest to find tolerable breakfast options. I've tried gluten free bread with cheese on it (edible, not great); oatmeal - didn't go down so well, but also was on a day with other gluten filled dining; and gluten free waffles (thank god for syrup). The real question is that I don't know yet whether oats are going to be a problem, and if gluten free oats would be a solution. Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfast foods, and a real staple during work life. With milk, its like the perfect protein-fiber combination, and I finally have learned to eat it without 1/2 c of sugar on it. :-)
The other real question is the how much is too much issue. Some people with celiac cannot even share a toaster with gluten eaters. I don't think that's an issue for me, since I'm merely intolerant, but the wheat in the taquitos? What about soy sauce?
In other news...well there really isn't much else to report. Things are still moving forward on the practice purchase front, and I'm beginning to do some research on a new place to live, probably in the East Bay, since the practice is up there.
Ok well, that's all for now. Hoping my GI tract dials it back enough for me to sleep tonight. Feels like there can't be much left in it. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes!!! I am sorry you are still dealing with what to eat and what not to eat. I find with my lactose intolerance, some days I can have NO lactose and other days I can tolerate a some. Does it work the same way with gluten?
BTW, I did see a new produce yesterday while walking down the baking aisle of Safeway...Gluten fee brownie mix and cookie mix!!!
As for the practice, that is exciting! And yay if it moves you up closer to me!!! I am in the north east bay quite a bit.
Post a Comment