I swear every day I wake up and go, today I will track my food and exercise. And every day I end up slacking. Even if I go the gym, even if I think I make good food choices, somehow not tracking = no movement. Sigh. Today I had to step on the scale to weigh a package (the scale wouldn't weigh it on its own, and it was too big for the food scale), and then I had to step on without the package, and the news was terrible. I mean, admittedly, it was after lunch, I was wearing clothes, so subtract a little but still. AWFUL.
So I went to the gym with my weight watchers buddy who has also been struggling, and there we resolved the following:
- The obvious – track track track. Make good food choices to track (no sense tracking if you're going to eat crap).
- Little goals. Like for example, I am volunteering at the Nike Women's Marathon next weekend. If I can lose 5 lbs by next weekend (8 days from now), I can buy myself something (small, reasonably priced) at the Expo. When I get to 10 lbs, I can decide if I want to spend my $70 in Best Buy gift certificates on a new iPod Shuffle, or something else fitness friendly.
- Figure out whether I need to go back to meetings or if I can do it online or just by myself.
I also discovered today how to write in Word and publish in Blogger, so that makes blogging a bit easier. The real question for you, my 2 or 3 readers, is would you like it or not like it if I included my food and exercise log for the day in this blog? I tried this a few years back rather unsuccessfully, but now it seems to have caught on among many health and fitness blogs. I find it nice to see other people's success, and it seems to help keep them on track. Would it keep me on track? I guess its worth a shot.
I feel like Weight Watchers might be a little bit easier with gluten free. Fewer troublesome things like bread to get me off track. Of course, that hasn't helped so far. I also am excited to get back into running after being away for like a year. I did 15 minutes today, nearly a mile and half, of 2/1 intervals. I felt good (well, a little out of running shape, but my leg felt good) (I also did an additional 15 minutes of walking), and then I stretched and did some strengthening exercise.
Today's Food Intake: Since I wasn't tracking, we'll simply call it NOT VERY GOOD. Watch for better choices tomorrow.
Exercise: 2 miles on the treadmill (30 min overall); 1 min wall sit, 1 min plank, 20 push ups on the ball, 20 bird dogs each leg, 20 crunches (legs up in the air, 3 kg medicine ball in hands).
No comments:
Post a Comment