Sunday, May 07, 2006

My Life...Carless

So far, so good. Yesterday I rode downtown twice to run errands, for a total of about 12 miles. That's good for me! And now I am a little ashamed of myself because I normally drive my car even to the grocery store around the corner. I shouldn't do that. I can walk or ride there! I am a horrible gasoline sucking person! Today I rode to church this morning and I've got to ride there this afternoon for youth group. Before I get my car I will have done my 7 days of riding my bike everywhere. Thursday is more of a half day, since I can't ride it to the airport, but I'm calling it good. I am riding as much as possible or carpooling, but only when necessary!

I have to take Keeley for a walk tonight as well. A long one. I am getting next to nothing done today thanks to my busy life schedule. Which is BAD. Very BAD.

The youth had a car wash at church this morning, and I got to move all the cars around, giving me a chance to drive about a million different kinds of cars. Honda Pilots and CRVs, Ford Escape and Expedition, a Cadillac, a couple Volvos and Subarus, some miscelleanous minivans and Toyotas, and a BMW 330i, which was quite fun. And a Mercedes SUV. Which was a total beast. The best part is seeing how nasty the inside of people's cars are. I always feel horrible about how much crap lives inside my car, but damn, at least I don't smoke in my car or leave rotting food in it!

I'm going to get my new car next Thursday!!!! I'm flying down in the afternoon and I'll drive it all the way back on Friday. God help me, I must be insane. It's going to be a long horrible drive. But I have a book for my iPod and I can do it! That's why they invented caffeine, right?!

1 comment:

Mrs. Cooper said...

I am a horrible gas sucking person too. Of course, I feel less bad when I drive, and it's pouring down rain.