Sort of. Not really. She was way to wound up to actually herd them, but she wanted to. More on that when I get the pictures.
Anyhow, I'm considering shelling out some limited sum for a new computer. I really was going to try to wait till summer and buy a new Apple laptop maybe. But as much as I want to make that switch, right now I don't think a $2000 laptop is in my future. I'm wondering if I buy something reasonably inexpensive now, say $700 or maybe $800, can I go two years on it and then I'll know if I should definitely switch. I'm not getting the new Windows OS because I hate Windows and I am not about to suffer through all the mind boggling changes they made. Also I heard my boss on the phone with the computer people last week discussing getting some new office machines, and they told her Windows XP Pro. Which, until lately, I have been quite happy with. In fact, I think the problem is that my computer is 3 1/2 years old and has been basically ground into the earth for the last 3 years. I used it every day for like 12 hours a day. And now, I only need it to do some budget stuff, my taxes, maybe some word processing and the usual email business. Run my ipod. Stuff like that. And my current machine can barely handle the simplest of tasks these days. It takes hours. Start up time - 5 minutes, at least. Time before I can use it once its started up - 5 more minutes. Time to check email - 5 more minutes. It's bad.
So what do you think? I looked around online, and newegg has some pretty decent deals on XP machines. The problem is I'm not sure I have $700 or $800 lying around right now. I've got to move and that's going to cost money, and I've got to start paying my loans back. Ugh. On the other hand, as soon as the bank releases its hold on my $$ from my investments, I'll be able to pay off my credit cards and that would free up some space on a 0% card for a computer. Ugh. I hate this. I could just wait and see if my taxes generate a refund but I don't have all my stuff yet so I can't do them. And I wanted to do them before I moved so the stuff doesn't get lost.
Basically I'm whining. I like my job but I just wish she paid me a little bit more. I'm not starving but there isn't a lot of extra $ for things like new computers. And that is not an office where I could do my taxes and stuff.
Also, I just discovered I won't qualify for the Free File version of TurboTax because of my investments. Thanks a lot TurboTax.
And did I mention I have to extend my health insurance ASAP? GOD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment