Monday, February 05, 2007

Let's Be Clear

Working is hard. And some days, it's interesting and exciting, but most days it's not exciting, it's work. It's hard. It's varying degrees of interesting, depending on what I'm doing. Probate is not that interesting. Even less interesting is collections. The procedural aspect of being an attorney (and lots of it is procedural) is not interesting. So there you have it, working is not fun.

The trade off is I work with some pretty nice people, and that makes it better. It's fun to eat lunch and talk about stupid people or stupid things we did or things we wish we could do.

Anyhow, tomorrow I have to bust my ass on a couple of projects and get them done. I got sort of tied up the last couple of days with an "urgent" project which was fairly straightforward once I got it started. Now that its under control, I've got to get back to some other stuff. As Christina Appelgate said in The Sweetest Thing, "defending the rights of my clients against their miserable cheating spouses." Or something like that.

No comments: