It's February 4th and its 70 degrees outside. Ok not now, but it was. Gorgeous. Suspicious too. When the rain does come its going to be ugly. And it looks like its supposed to come this week. Which...at last. As much as I love the warmth, we need rain.
I found us a new place to live, much closer to my job, so we'll be moving in a few weeks. This time I'm not doing it myself with friends. I'm hiring professionals. There's not enough time in the weekends as it is, let alone when you have to move out and into a new place and clean the old place. Professionals can move stuff much faster than I can.
I have very little else to report. My job is fine but it continues to be hard and exhausting. I am seriously considering bumping my bedtime back closer to 9:30 because getting up at 6 is hard when you go to bed at 10:30.
My animals are all well. Keeley got her shots yesterday, and the tats are being tats. I think next weekend Keeley and I will go to Herding for Dummies and she will learn to herd sheep. She will love it!
I think I've gotten the big stuff done for the weekend except laundry. I went to the store. I've made a menu. I'm going to do laundry and enjoy the comfort of my couch before going to bed early. I have to go to the courthouse on my way into work tomorrow and photocopy a file. Please note, the courthouse is NOT on my way to work, and, in fact, it requires fighting my way through the horrible freeway interchanges that clog up downtown and midtown Sacramento every day. Last week when I went this direction I left my house at 7:15 to go someplace that should've taken me, at most, 20 minutes, and I didn't get there till 8:00. While tomorrow's location is further, the traffic actually picks up once you clear the medical center.
Anyhow, my final words of wisdom are: in a marriage, sometimes people make agreements about how things are to be handled, money things, you know? For your own sakes, write down these agreements and sign them. If the shit hits the fan, it will make it easier. And if the shit doesn't hit the fan, then hey, you've got a funny story for your great-grandkids. Oh yes, and for every couple that gets married, there's another one out there keeping me in a job, so thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment