Today we awoke before 7 to rocket out the door and down the freeway to San Jose. This is my third trip to San Jose in less than two weeks. Such fun. After dropping Keeley off at home, we hit the road and were in San Jose by 10. We drove around Naglee Park neighborhood looking for possible rentals, and then retrieved Granijo from the rendez-vous point. Off we went to look at the various places I'd lined up.
Now, in one of the many things that doesn't make sense about apartment hunting, people with small houses and duplexes with yards don't return calls or won't rent to people with dogs. Makes negative sense. So given my list of requirements: washer and dryer in unit, takes dogs, that left us with 4 appointments. 4 complexes. We added another one later in the day. It was exhausting.
But after a very long day, it came down to two owned by the same company. One in south San Jose, and one in downtown. Obviously its cheaper to live further from the office, but when we added in the cost of a monthly light rail pass, the difference was $100, and for $100 it was worth it to me to be within walking distance of my office. So I settled on this one. Actually they took the rent down to $1530 rather than whatever riduculous sum they want for this particular floor plan. Add in stupid pet rent and trash and its more than I wanted to pay, but I was being overly optimistic about what I could get for $1200 or less. Which when you need something next week, is NOTHING.
So now that's checked off my list. Finalize movers. Finish packing. Set up utilities. Move. That's all. One week left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment