I went to Weight Watchers this morning for the first time in like 6 months. It was UGLY. You know what, the truth? She can be ugly. That's why you go to Weight Watchers, so the ugly truth gets a little less ugly each time. Hopefully. Anyhow, the leader was good, and they are running a challenge through the holidays to encourage people to stay on track and keep losing. I also got a new cookbook for a whopping $7, which has some tasty looking meals in it. I did not exercise today. My hip is still bothering me. The foam roller hurts. :-(
But the week's challenges are:
- Track all my meals. snacks, drinks, etc for 5 out of 7 days.
- Try a new food at least two times this week.
- Try a new activity at least 3 times.
- Write down an attainable goal for the next five weeks.
I don't see number 3 happening. I already run and spin. I don't think I'll be able to pick up a new activity this week. What would it be? The elliptical trainer? Lame. Also, very similar to running and NOT NEW. Ditto for weights.
I'm not sure what would count under number 2. Like a new food you've never tried, or a new recipe with stuff you don't eat very often? I'm having a salad pizza one night, is that new? It sounds yummy.
My goal is going to be to lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks. It's the holidays and losing weight is very hard during the holidays. I'm hopeful that because I'm not spending an extended weekend with my family eating garbage I won't struggle as much this year as I have in the past. Sleeping in my own bed, getting exercise as normal, and eating breakfast like normal will hopefully help.
I also went to church today. And took a nap. And started the laundry. And continued my clean up my apartment efforts. I make progress on all fronts.
Tomorrow is a busy day. I should finish my chores so I can prepare for my hearing in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How about going to a video store and renting a Pilates video or something as your new activity? I have one and it's fun and a good workout.
So really I read your blog but just am too dumb to figure out how to post comments. I hope I have conquered this problem.
Well, good. But dude? Starting a diet the week of Thanksgiving? A pox on your gravy-free house!
Post a Comment