Saturday, December 01, 2007

Running Again

I went out with my group for our run this morning, first time since Big Sur Half. It was COLD. Typically I go out in shorts and a t-shirt, maybe a long sleeve shirt if its very cool. This morning I checked the weather and it said the wind chill was 36. Long sleeves and capris. Get to the store, and decide to add another long sleeve layer underneath. Never was too warm and when I ended up walking the last 2-3 miles, I was COLD. And I would debate whether to run. It went something like this:

Walker brain: Walking keeps your hip from hurting. If you listen to your body and take it easy it will heal.

Runner: But running would make you warmer!

Walker: What do you want? To be healthy or to be injured?

Runner: BUT I AM COLD.

I did try to run a few blocks towards the end but it wasn't particularly comfortable or warming. So I just walked back as fast as I could and pulled my sweatshirt on the moment I walked in the door.

I think I'll be in the market for a nice lightweight winter hat to run in for the rest of winter. All my current hats are fleece and too warm for running. I did find a regular coolmax ballcap at Marshalls today and I bought it only to bring it home and realize its a size L/XL. Dumb.

I also tried to do some Christmas shopping today and generally struck out. I have no idea what to get my dad, my sister, my stepmom and stepdad. My dad is really a tough one this year.

In other news, work has been crazy busy as usual, but its good. I'm pretty happy there.

No comments: