Lately Beestie and I have been spending a lot of quality time together. We have been running a few miles at the track one night a week, and we take lots of walks because we can. And this morning we played with her toys. Two balls are better than one!
Tatso is doing quite well. She's gotten very assertive with Beest. She tells her to back off when necessary but the other night I saw her accept a little kiss from the dog. Yep. An eskimo kiss, really, but still.
In other news... I'm still underemployed in this stupid restaurant job, and my financial situation is quite perilous. Thank God I get paid this week. But if I don't find something soon I really have no idea I will do. So pray that someone calls me soon. Not only can my wallet not handle it, emotionally I often feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown. It simply is not fair to let people acquire this much debt and then put us out there without jobs. I'm going to have to put my federal loans in forbearance if something doesn't materialize soon. Because there is no way I can make payments on those in my present state.
I wish I could say that I had made progress with the job hunt, but I haven't really. It's like a series of dead ends or else its the world's slowest construction zone, you know where you have to slow down to 25 mph and its ten cars at a time? Because either I hear "we really want someone with experience," or nothing, or a "yeah maybe, we might be able to do something at some point, we'll let you know." On Friday this woman suggested that I wait till Nov. 18 to start looking, assuming I pass. She suggested I "relax" until then. Spoken like someone who hasn't worried about paying bills in a number of years. I have a lunch next week with someone about networking in the area, essentially, but he's not going to hire me. I sent my resume to a recruiter and I guess I've got to follow up there too.
The frustrating part, or perhaps one of the most frustrating parts, is that there is an opening in a department I want to work in at a firm I'd be willing to work at if only I had some freaking experience. I don't know how long they'll wait before they give up and hire someone without experience.
Anyhow, I'm going back to tv. I checked out library books today, and I ran 3 miles. Tomorrow I work. Sorry for such a depressing entry, but this is my life. You can't begin to imagine how fun I must be in person if this is how my blog looks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
why dont you try and find some temp work in the legal area - slightly more stimulating than hostessing, and mayeb you can make some contacts.
Post a Comment