Monday, November 13, 2006

Fellowships and Weight Loss!

I decided to go ahead and re-apply for the fellowship, figuring I had, as usual, nothing to lose. Thank God I pulled out my letter from them and looked at it again. I thought I had another day to get this all done, but rather than being due Nov. 16, any additional information is in fact due Nov. 15. Which is in two days! Panic sets in! But I called the person listed on the internet as the contact individual because on the website it says that electronic submission is preferred but my letter says nothing about electronic submission, and she said it was my choice to email or snail mail, so I spent the last hour revising my application, adding to it, and turning my resume into a CV (oh academic insitutions and your CVs!) and emailed it off. Now that is done. See? It is possible to do something the week of bar results. I swear.

I also checked out a large pile of reading material from the public library to keep me occupied the rest of the week. Since apparently my pleas for extra shifts at the restaurant to keep me busy fell on deaf ears. I have to be there in 2 hours and it has decided to pour rain. I need to take Keeley for her good walk so we both get some exercise. Maybe it will let up in a few minutes.

Oh and I've lost 6 lbs since I started back to Weight Watchers. Hell yeah! I lost over 4 lbs last week when I had the miserable cold from hell and couldn't get off the couch or eat. Now the challenge is to resume eating and not gain any in this week of anxiety.

I have new puppy pics now that she's 1 year old! Enjoy her continuing cuteness!




2 comments:

The Once and Future TC said...

Such a schmoopie!

I love her eyes. Is one brown and the other blue, or is that just the lighting?

Sarah said...

One is all brown and the other is marbled brown and blue, mostly blue.