Thursday, November 02, 2006

First Off

Big huge congratulations go out to feithline, who just passed the Massachusetts bar!

And big hugs and good vibes to Tab Connoisseur who is awaiting her results tomorrow I believe.

Now onto my rant for the day:

It poured rain here this afternoon. Poured like it was February outside, only slightly warmer. So every gutter is full of water, every yard is soaked to the bone. The roads had huge standing puddles on them. So tonight on my walk what do I encounter but...sprinkler systems running all over the place. People! It poured rain! Not only do you not need to water your yard EVERY FREAKING DAY, you especially need to not water it WHEN IT RAINS. Did it ever occur to people how unnecessary and wasteful that is? Christ almighty. You'd think I was some ardent environmentalist or something the way I respond to the obsessive watering of yards around here. It makes me crazy! Water is a natural resource! We need to conserve it! How do we do that? By using less!!!! DUH!!!!!!!

Ok sorry. Moving on.

I have eaten all of my flex points but two for the week. The last two days haven't been so good. But the next two days are work days so I won't really eat full meals in the evening and I have decided to take some fruit with me to work so I will eat less bread. And I have become an exercise fiend again. I walk the dog obsessively to earn those extra few points. Tomorrow and Saturday I'm going to the gym for hour long classes. In addition to the 90 minutes of dog walking I've been doing every day. Maybe on Sunday I will have lost a lb or two!

Last but not least the temp agency called yesterday with a potential one month to six week assignment for me. I'm still waiting to be interviewed by the firm itself, but it would be a perfect thing right now. It sounds like its full time, 4-6 weeks long, $13/hour, and isn't purely receptionist work since they already have a receptionist. Would get me through the next month and allow me to add something to my resume and also maybe put me in touch with someone who is hiring. Cross your fingers!

I'm doing better the last few days. I think the meds are really helping. And the exercise. And hope. As long as I don't think about impending doom day I'm fine.

1 comment:

The Once and Future TC said...

Aw, thanks. They always say that results come out on Friday, and then they always come out on Thursday anyway. I think it is to make us insane. Meanwhile, I didn't want to say as much on my blog in case the news wasn't good -- I wanted time to crawl into my little hole before owning up to it in blogland.

The new job sounds great. Best of luck!