Sunday, June 10, 2007

Completely Unpacked

I unpacked the last three boxes today. Ok 2 boxes plus one of DVDs and CDs. I hung pictures on the walls, hung the shelf that my Great-Aunt Gertrude's doll collection goes on (and put the dolls on it), and put my CDs and DVDs away. (Media is the bane of my existence. It needs a place to go, but where?!)

I then vaccumed. Woo! I'm getting ready to head over to the danger zone known as the mall to go to Nordstrom and get myself some new moisturizer and mascara (it's free gift time at the Clinique counter). I've budgeted for this stuff this month, but my clothing/hair/etc budget will be exhausted by the end of the trip, since I bought two sweaters at the JCrew outlet last week. It's ok though.

The hardest part of the budget is food. Well, and Target. But seriously, yesterday I spent $30 at Trader Joes. $30, you say, is good. And it is. But then I had to go to Safeway and buy stuff like chicken and peanut butter. Things that are very expensive at Trader Joes or that TJ's doesn't sell. Another $30. However, an $8 box of chicken breasts lasts me a long time, so its not like its a monthly of even weekly expense. But now I should have enough food for close to two weeks, maybe with a smallish TJ's run next weekend for milk and salad. So I guess that's not that bad.

Well I guess that's all for now. I'm going to make myself presentable enough to head to the mall. Then I'm going to come back and finish cleaning house and doing the laundry.

No comments: