Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Not Particularly Cheap Day

I started out with a plan today. Purchase a muffin for breakfast and take my lunch, because I will eat lunch out tomorrow. Except then I forgot my lunch. Now had I known there would be coffee cake and pastries at work this morning, the need for the muffin would've been negated. However, it was unknown to me until arrival, and then not only did I eat my muffin I ate coffee cake too (DELICIOUS). So not a good start financially or otherwise.

Then for lunch I was torn about where to go. Everywhere costs too much. I decided to just go downstairs for a sandwich or a salad. That would be around $8 plus a drink and a tip. Now restaurants charge too much for beverages, we all know that. But usually too much is in the $2 range. But they charged me $3 for iced tea. $3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridonculous, as Christina likes to say.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with my Gramps, but he'll buy. :-) And two of the other associates and I made a plan for an "Associates Lunch" on Friday. So there goes only eat lunch out one time this week. Still, I've had dinner at home every night and have refrained from miscellaneous trips to the grocery store. All good progress.

Work is HARD. I have tons of responsibility. I have an enormous case load. And clients yell at me on the phone, like its my fault they don't pay their child support! Also, too too many of the clients in family law are busy nursing old grudges and trying to get even with their spouses. Grow up!

Argh. Anyhow, I am soothing my soul with a little Pride and Prejudice tonight, having just finished Pamela Aidan's Fitzwilliam Darcy, A Gentleman series. (Wonderful, BTW.)

No comments: