from my cousin Alexis. Apparently last week her parents decided to put their dog to sleep. It's not entirely clear why. The dog had attacked my younger cousin's prom date last year and they almost put her down then, but instead gave her a second chance with her crate and felt she had turned the corner. But apparently not, at least according to Alexis's blog. And I'm reading her blog and crying because its so sad. I barely knew the dog but she was a very sweet dog, in my experience.
I'm saying it here. If my dog bites my grandfather, it won't be unprovoked. He will scare her or yell at her and she might fight back. Because he doesn't really like animals and he wants them to be stuffed animals who don't move or speak or anything. And she isn't that way. And I won't put her to sleep because of that. She'd have to do something much worse than nip at him. Also, she's just a baby. She's still learning. (And the only person she's tried to bite is me!)
In other news, Keeley has new chewies, bully sticks, which are FOUL. A) They are made of bull penises (GROSS!) and B) they stink to high heaven. And of course, she loves them. Adores them. Can't get enough of them. Other toys? Nowhere near as good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks so much, sarah. i still can't really believe it. i know my parents were doing what they felt needed to be done to prevent a future problem. i guess this is the problem when you adopt older dogs and take on whatever issues they have not had the chance to get trained out of them.
keeley is so beautiful and cute and adorable! i'm excited to meet her someday.
oh lex. I'm sure you're parents were doing the right thing too. I just wish they hadn't had to do it. She was a very sweet dog. She had a good life with you and your family.
Post a Comment