Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sick and Tired

Yes I am still sick. Mostly I am exhausted though. And for no good reason, unless being sick counts as a good reason for being tired. And I am sick of being sick. My poor nose is so chapped and raw from all the damn snot and the chapped and raw skin carries over to my lips and face in general and its just bad. OVER IT.

You know what else makes me sick? The costumes in the ice dance last night. What about these outfits screams "waltz" at you? Nothing!!!

Like this one? What is this? A lace camisole with some skirt attached? Except not really attached. More like, oh here's a camisole and here's a skirt and really, its almost like a ballgown!
Red. Yep. Red = waltz. Everyone knows that.
Worse. Florescent orange/coral.
Where is the middle of the dress exactly?
What are those horrible things on Tanith's arms? Really?

Absolutely none of these costumes remind me of a Viennese Waltz. NONE. I've never seen a Viennese Waltz on the floor but I feel like if I went to Vienna, and people were dancing a waltz, they would not be dressed like this. Ice dance is the worst offender when it comes to costuming and it will only get worse I fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

laura thinks the goal is to look as trashy as possible, and she might be right!

feel better!