A well known fact, if we are honest. But still, somedays I can tolerate them. Today is not one of those days.
We just came from the park. This park, behind our house, is the neighborhood unofficial dog park. Everyone lets their dogs off leash in that park, and no one cares. Except today, a woman from the neighborhood, who has a not particularly well socialized dog, was walking with her dog, with her baby in the snugli and what looked like a shopping bag. She was behind a fence, but Keeley ran over and barked at her dog. K doesn't like her dog very much but we all know K is HARMLESS. I grab her and hang onto her at the request of said woman. But one of the other dogs at the park runs over there, and does nothing except wag her tail. The woman flips out on us, yelling at us, screaming how "this isn't a fucking dog park." The other dog parents grabs her dog, puts her on leash, and we decide to leave because we don't feel like being yelled at. PLEASE NOTE: I have seen this woman and her dog at this park off-leash. Many times. And her dog and Keeley really don't get along, and so I typically corral K whenever I see this dog coming. I didn't grab her today till she'd run over there, so that's my fault.
But we (other dog owner and I) wait for her to leave, and then we start to walk home (we're neighbors...sort of), and Crazy Woman comes back. Into the park. With her dog, baby and shopping bag, and proceeds to yell at us again. Other dog parent tells her we don't feel like being yelled at so we are leaving and she does not stop. INSANITY. Where does this woman get off acting like this? If she had just moved here, if I'd never seen her dog off-leash, I'd understand. Crap, she could've kept walking and I would've thought, crazy bitch, and that's it. But SHE CAME BACK. So clearly she wasn't scared, she was just...being a bitch? I do not understand.
In other news the last week was sort of hellish and I fear next week will be worse. I have at least eight court appearances in four days. 3 each on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank God Monday is a court holiday so I can crank out some desk work.
I ran today. I actually ran twice during the week this week as well. Which is pretty good for me. I've bumped up the vitamin intake and am being religious about bed-time, and it seems to be helping somewhat with the fatigue, which had become so overwhelming I was unable to do much besides work. Tomorrow I think I am going to the movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment