They want to raise my rent to nearly $1800 when my lease is up in March. That's $150 more than I pay now, and nearly $300 more than my "base rent." Bastards. I will have to see what sort of negotiability there is in these terms. For example, I see them advertising these units from $1625. Hmm. Interesting. $1625 is still too much, but I might be willing to pay maybe $50 more a month. Or maybe even $100 because the cost of moving is high.
Ideally, I'd find something cheaper and better to live in in the same neighborhood. I LOVE my neighborhood. It's changing rapidly, and I want to stay here. I'd really like to look into buying a loft in a year. But I want to stay here in the area to keep tabs on the neighborhood. I wish I was in a position to buy sooner, but I think the housing market still has some softening to do here in the Bay Area, and besides, I can't afford a mortgage right now. Boo hiss, high cost of housing.
In other news, I had my blood drawn to check my thyroid today and I managed to dump scalding water on my hand. Good times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dude, that is kee-razy. My mortgage is far far less than that. My mortgage + tax + insurance is far less than that. And I have a really big house. With a pool. In one of the ten largest cities in the U.S.
Oh, okay. I don't live in a really cool California city. So there is that.
But that's still nuts.
Post a Comment