Monday, January 08, 2007

Anybody Interested In Trucking?

I applied to a government advocacy firm (i.e. lobbyists) that was advertising and they just emailed to tell me more about the firm and the position and, hold on to your hats here folks, the position would deal primarily with the transportation and trucking industries. Woo hoo, right? And it pays even less than the family law job in Roseville. My income potential appears to be shrinking before my eyes. By the time I get hired somewhere I'll have to have a second job just to pay my rent. Anyhow, I've got an interview tomorow morning.

1 comment:

feithline said...

I hope you spent the night coming up with the Top Ten Reasons Sarah Loves Trucking. The worst interview I ever had to prepare for was with the City of Cleveland. I *knew* they were going to ask me "why cleveland?" so I did all this research (near a lake, cheap, rock & roll hall of fame) but then, when we got to that question, my brain was like 'Woaaaaah there missy - we're talking about *cleveland*! We don't want to work in *cleveland*! Not even for the summer!' So after an awkward silence I muttered something unconvincing about having gone to school in Iowa and how Ohio has the same number of letters and all...

And... they still offered me the job! I was very popular as a 2L. Not so much anymore.

So good luck. It could be worse. And it could turn out to be really interesting. I had a job doing mainly property tax for a while and that didn't kill me. Physically anyway... I'm a little dead inside still.