Things have been sort of crazy this week. Thursday night I worked at the restaurant for the last time, last night I had a bar association dinner with my new job, and all week I worked at the temp job and yeah, basically its been nuts.
But the job scoop is as follows. It's a small firm, family law, in Roseville. I thought there would be 4 attorneys including me but now I think only maybe 3 right now, and 1 is on maternity leave so that makes me and the boss. There's some paralegals and a receptionist and an office manager. The pay is so-so, and for the first 90 days its hourly with no benefits, but after the 90 days are up its salaried with her paying 100% of my health insurance and 3% IRA matching. And I think she may pay my bar dues before the 90 days. I have to ask on Wednesday.
So yeah, its exciting. It's definitely going to be challenging, but the good news is its going to be a 40 hour a week job not 80 hours. I will have a 30 min commute both directions for now, but its against traffic so that should help.
Let's see...what else? I spent today trying to beef up my wardrobe for this new job, rather unsuccessfully. Yesterday I got a cute new pair of slingbacks but today all I managed to get was a new JCrew argyle cardigan (CUTE) and a pair of navy pinstripe cotton pants from Limited. Oh and I spent a small fortune on makeup and skincare products today. I had run out of all of my basic makeup: powder, mascara, concealer, so the Clinique counter got some $ from me. And I spent my Origins gift card (yummy).
I think that's my life caught up. It's great to know I am employed. It's great to be able to sleep at night without being petrified the animals and I will starve. I'm going to do some budget planning and financial planning this weekend. I'm getting a haircut before I start work. Maybe I'll be down another little bit this week at Weight Watchers. Ok. Well, I just got back from a run with Keeley, I need to shower and find some dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
well that sounds so so exciting and just about perfect for a new job! congrats again!
I'm hopping on the bike soon ... what'd you spend your Origins gift card on? ;-)
The job sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to hear more of what goes on in your day-to-day practice (to the extent you feel comfortable doing so).
I bought face wash and a liter of body lotion at Origins, Ang.
Tab, I think I can share stuff, don't you? I mean, not the specifics, but tasks I'm handling, how it feels, etc, right?
Post a Comment