I came home from a fun weekend in Tucson this afternoon. It would, of course, have been more fun if the Keeley bug had come, but she stayed behind. Puppies don't like to fly! It was a short trip, Friday morning to Sunday mid day, but good. Friday we just chilled around the house waiting for assorted family members to arrive. Alexis took me to Target to purchase new sunglasses and a swimsuit (for the hot tub. I had not brought mine because someone told me the hot tub was going to be out of order.) Friday night we had delicious Anasazi beans and tamales for dinner.
Erica and Christina and I were assigned the tent trailer as sleeping quarters for the weekend. Sounds ok, assuming there's heat. Erica and Alexis and I shared the RV at Thanksgiving and survived. Well, it started out cold but ok once in bed. However, at some hour, the furnace quit and we started to freeze. Christina and I both were sleeping in sweatshirts under a wool blanket, flannel sheets and a down sleeping bag and we were huddled together. Finally, at 6 or so, my aunt came in to say we should move in to the couch, and then eventually, we moved to the master bedroom (when the rest of the family woke and started to make noise).
Saturday (after we thawed out) we went to Sabino Canyon and rode the tram up and then hiked down. It's aboout 4 miles and its really very interesting to look at all the cacti etc that a desert contains. Then we went home to prepare for Mom's birthday celebration. The celebration involved delicious shrimp, orzo salad and a divine cake. Oh! And a pinata! Afterwards we got into the hot tub.
And then, off to the tent trailer where the furnace had reportedly been fixed. Apparently it was out of fuel on Friday night. It seemed pretty warm when I went to bed but at some unknown hour, maybe 4 or so, the furnace had definitely shut off and we were freezing again. At 7 I moved into the house, again. Christina followed.
This morning we had breakfast and C and I were shuttled off to the airport for our journeys home. Now I am doing homework while my tired dog sleeps off her exciting weekend with Anne that included puppy school, and her evening trip to youth group with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment