Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Cats and Dogs!

I have returned to Florida to spend the remaining days of my vacation with my dear, sweet Tatso. And, of course, Stella, Zeke and Sis. This is after a long weekend with Merv and Thelma and Louise in Texas. Our pets are funny! But coming back to Tatso was so nice. She seems like a happier cat here. I think its the other animals. It takes a few days at first but now the cats are busy chasing each other around and playing. And every morning Sis comes in to sleep in my room with me and Tatso. I hope that after a few months my puppy and Tatso will be friendly. I think that having another animal around could be good for Tatso. She might prefer a cat to a dog, in theory, but another cat would be direct competition for my affection. A dog is different. The dog won't sleep on the bed or the couch with me, like Tatso can. So I think it's going to be good.

Sadly I stupidly booked my return flight for Saturday evening and I will not get home until like midnight by the time I get my bags and get back to Davis. And Sunday is a busy day because I have to go get the puppy (!!!) and I have youth council and youth group and it's the day before classes start. I tried to change my ticket but it was $200 to change it. I'm still contemplating sweet talking them into changing it for free so I could be home by dinner time on Saturday which would give me the time I need to unpack and do my grocery shopping before I bring the puppy home.

Ok well back to my paper. Trying to finish the draft today so I can email it off.

No comments: