Friday, January 20, 2006

Napping Baby

Means Sarah has a little time to write about her life. (Not that the baby is most of my life these days!)

Tomorrow night I am hosting an open house for people to meet Keeley (if they haven't yet), so I spent some time today getting stuff for that. I need to come up with some hors d'oeuvres and drinks to serve but I'll worry about that later today.

In other news, I am about to begin teaching spin at the ARC on Tuesday afternoons, so I spent two hours this morning at the gym going through orientation and learning my way around the fun that is working at a university.

Then I trotted off to my eye dr. to have my glasses adjusted to stay on my face better, and I ordered a new pair of glasses when I am not wearing my contact lenses. I got brave and ordered burgundy. Considered brown, but decided, what the hey, get burgundy. It sounds pretty. The technician raved about what a great color it is. Apparently one of her coworkers (not there today) has them. Thank God for VSP because as usual, when its all said and done, those glasses were $500 and VSP covers more than half.

Now I am at home and working on job stuff. PI/PS Day is coming up and the deadline to apply to interview with employers there is tonight, so I had to see where I wanted to apply. Fortunately, there aren't very many hiring 3Ls, and several of those that were aren't even attending PI/PS Day, so I only had to write a few cover letters. I need to work on my paper now. I promised Prof. Ikemoto I would turn it in no later than Thursday.

Keeley's new bed came today. I got an awesome deal on it. On Petco.com it was $25 normally, and it was 10% off. And then I had like $10 in Petco dollars, so it cost me less than $20 even after shipping. And it comes, and a) it's cute and b) its regular retail price at the store is $35! Did I mention its cute? The picture online appeared to be a rather f-ugly plaid with the sherpa on top and I was like, oh fine whatever, but it came and its a super cute brown with tan paw prints on it and the sherpa top. Yay! Not that Keeley cares, but I prefer paw prints to plaid.

Anyhow, she's napping so I should get back to my work while I still can. Moose is coming to play in a while.

No comments: