Yesterday I took both my animals to the vet. Now I am $300 poorer.
Cat: rabies shot, annual physical exam, and 2 bags of prescription cat food $75
Dog: One office visit, one skin scrape, a supply of antibiotics and some sort of fluid for cleaning her paws, a 6 month supply of heartworm preventative, a single month of Frontline, and a bag of prescription food.
Poor dog. She's being gnawing at her little feet for a few weeks and chewed right down to the skin, so I finally take her in and she's probably allergic to something, or else its psychosomatic and now that I'm less stressed, she's less stressed and it will go away. Regardless, she has a little infection there, discovered by the skin scrape, so the antibiotics and fluid are for that. The prescription food is to see if its a food allergy, but it takes 8-10 weeks to see a difference so that's why we have it now. She'll start that when I get home from Mexico on Monday. Cross your fingers its not a food allergy, and was just stress and will clear up with the antibiotics and not return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment