Friday, August 18, 2006

I? Am Boring

But you knew that. No joke, guys, here was my day:

6:15 GET UP MOM!
7:00 Keeley and I go for a walk in the fields. She rolls in dirt and considers eating more dead animals. I foil this plan. (Go me!)
8:00 Talk to Mom for a bit.
8:30 Lie down for a nap.
10:30 Get up from said nap.
10:45 Go to the post office and to Petco.
11:45 Eat some lunch.
12:30 Return to my computer to talk to Mom some more. Change my address online for a bunch of magazines, the bank etc.
Sometime between 12:30 and 3, I packed a box of books and sold two of my textbooks. Mostly while talking to Mom.
Also I read a very sad story about a boy with neuroblastoma.
3:30 Jaimee calls and we chat! They are moving to California probably! Woo! Hooray for living near a Hedrick again. Even if she's a Gwost now.
4:30 Get the mail. Yay the new top to my Nalgene came. Go to the gym.
6:30 Return home from the gym and shower.
7:00 Take K to dog park.
9:00 Return home with movie and dinner in tow. Watch said movie, eat said dinner.
11:00 Post about my boring day in my blog. Hahaha.

But seriously, there was some good news in the last few days:
1. My contact lens prescription in my left eye came down 1/2 a diopter so now I can no longer claim to be a -12. Nope. Only -11.5. But I have new fancy high oxygen contacts and my eyes are healthy again. I might be able to get them corrected...if I cared that much. Which right now I don't.

2. My former babysitting charge Erin is 18 months free and clear of cancer. She started middle school this week. I cannot express to those of you who don't know Erin and what she went through what a miracle this is. I think that there were days in the first year of her cancer (3 years ago) when we all wondered if she was going to make it. It was ugly. Christmas of that year we sat in church and the pastor told us the doctors found that her cancer was much worse than they thought. And now, three years later, she's going to school again full time and its just amazing. So wonderful news on that front, and we'll keep praying and sending good vibes that direction so the news stays good.

That's all I think. I'm busy trying to purge stuff from my dresser and closet that I don't need, don't like, doesn't fit (and don't want it to). Monday, off to work I go. The happy little hostess!

1 comment:

Christina said...

erin's going to be in middle school? man time flies