Well as expected my feet are tired after a full night on them. I am so glad I am only hostessing because waiting is even worse. Except you usually wear more comfortable shoes (the day they make a shoe that matches your street clothes and is comfy like a sneaker is a good day). But whatever. I'll figure something out.
The job is going to be good. Tonight, tomorrow and Thursday are training days for me, so no tips, but starting Friday its $8/hr plus 5% of server tips. 5%! When all I do is seat people and grab the occasional cup of coffee or deliver a drink for a server. Awesome.
Anyhow, tonight I was instead treated to dinner (as part of my training I had to order food off the menu) and then, because the other hostess and I sat the entire side patio, we each got a bottle of wine! And a chunk of my dinner came home, for tomorrow or the next day. I'll get lunch tomorrow and dinner again on Thursday. And apparently you get a meal every lunch shift because you have to pay for parking and you end up not making that much, so they feed you to compensate.
I got my check from BarBri today as well. AT LAST! But it was only $1200 and I thought we got paid $1500 for the class and I would get an additional $200 for handling the CD checkout. I guess I was wrong. Regardless that is $1200 much needed dollars that can be applied back towards my credit cards!
Ok bedtime for me and Keeley. She'll be up at her usual hour even though she won't get to sleep right away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd be directing a query to barbri as it came out a lot short of what you expected! Badness
Post a Comment