Saturday, August 19, 2006

Purging is FUN

No not that kind of purging. Geez.

Today I dumped all of my course readers from law school and undergrad, my class notes and handouts from these last three years and anything else I could find that I was sure I no longer needed into the trash. It was a good feeling. Goodbye contracts binders! So long fed tax notes! My academic career is over, I feel reasonably safe saying. And you know what, everything you need is online. No sense having it take up space in your life.

I boxed up my BarBri books so that when I get my results I can send those back. I boxed up the rest of my bar review materials, to be passed on to someone else after I pass. I boxed up winter clothes, and made a pile of stuff for the thrift store. Woo! Tonight I'm going to tackle the rest of my clothing, just putting it in suitcases and whatnot for the drive across town. If I can get all my books and most of my clothes packed this weekend, then next weekend it will be easy enough to move: pack the dishes and misc stuff left out, load the truck and go.

Yay moving! It's so much fun! I think I need to go get in the pool now and cool off.

2 comments:

Christina said...

you might me the first person to say that moving is fun. psycho.

The Once and Future TC said...

I'm guessing it's the sloughing off of all that law school baggage that's the most fun.... I couldn't wait as long as you did -- as soon as grades were in, out went my notes. :)