Saturday, December 10, 2005

A Big Mistake

Going to Vacaville on a Saturday in December. What could I have been thinking? Fortunately, it all worked out and it was not as terrible as I had feared.

First stop: Marshalls. I needed a new suitcase to take home (in 9 days!) as my standard blue wheelie broke while on the last trip. I went on Monday and looked but everything was rather expensive and I wasn't sure I was getting a good deal. Well, good things come to those who wait! I went back today, having looked on the internet and decided that $70 for a Samsonite was not a bad deal at all, and lo and behold, several of the suitcases I looked at went down in price. So instead of getting the $70 suitcase, I got the nicer $80 one for only $58! You can see it here, on the left. I couldn't find any better pictures of it. It comes with some fancy built-in suiter which may come in handy if I have to fly for job interviews. Sadly, its black which means it looks exactly like everyone else's suitcase, but I have a bright pink luggage tag for it, and it has a spot for my initials (right above the built-in combination lock which you can't use because TSA won't let you lock your luggage anymore).

Next stop: Staples. I needed cable control for the insane number of cables that connect my electronics. Staples had everything and now my tv/Tivo/DVD player cables are all neatly controlled and held together, and the phone/DSL modem cables and power supply cords are not only neatly held together but live inside these long flat tubes which mount onto the wall. The computer cables are still a mess, but I have leftover supples and may work on that later this afternoon.

All in all, it was a very successful trip to Vacaville and I only wanted to kill people while driving. Of course, I cleverly avoided the outlet mall like the plague because I knew it would be a zoo.

I saw Pride and Prejudice last night. It was pretty good. I was pretty unconvinced that I would like it, and I really did enjoy it. They did some things differently, some of which were good and some which were bad. Keira Knightley wasn't as awful as I had feared, but Jena Malone was. Donald Sutherland was good as the father, Judi Dench was great as the great Lady Catherine. I haven't seen very many movies this year, but now that I am about to go on vacation for 3 weeks, I plan to see a lot of them: Rent, The Producers, Brokeback Mountain (SQUEEEE! Heath and Jake together! ), Syriana, Good Night and Good Luck, maybe a little Walk the Line. It's going to be great! Oh I also want to see North Country and Memoirs of a Geisha. Looks like I will be spending a lot of $ at the movies this break.

No comments: