I am supposed to be studying. And to be fair, I have studied a fair amount today. Just in bursts as I get distracted by other things that need to be done before I leave in 48 hours (plus a few more). I do not want to come home from my exam and pack so I did my laundry and started to pack today. What on earth could I need in the next two days? I literally spend my days in my pajamas or some variant of that like sweats until I go to the gym. So for the next two days I need clean underwear, socks, and sweats/pajamas and workout clothes.
The hardest part of packing is the climate changes. I will go to Dad's for a long weekend at one point, and lately its been very cold there. It's very challenging to bring heavy winter clothes plus warm Florida winter clothes in the same suitcase, mostly because of the coat/sweater bulk. I could bring my huge suitcase but my huge suitcase is HUGE and when its full it weighs a ton, so I don't really want to do that. I'm planning on just taking my small duffel and my standard suitcase.
I met a very cute Aussie at Petco today. A half grown Merv. His owner asked if our Aussies are bossy too. Haha. Clearly someone new to Aussie ownership. Yes, our dogs are a little bossy. A little bossy, and a lot demanding. Hee hee. I cannot wait to bring my puppy home, 3 weeks from tomorrow, so that I can have my own bossy little Aussie pup.
In other forms of procrastination today, I gave Tatso a bath. It has been God knows how long since she had one, and with us getting on an airplane on Monday night I thought it best she be clean. And have some of her dead hair brushed off her. She hates a bath but she looks pretty when she's done.
Our house is pretty much ready for the puppy to come home. I am going to vaccum again on Monday, suck up the remaining cat and Sarah hair so the house is clean when we come back. The crate and major accessories are here. I have read two books on dog training. I ordered another one. When I get her I will have to buy food. Christmas presents should provide a supply of toys as well as her collar and leash. And I picked a vet. So I think I'm ready. Tatso, well, she is not ready. But I hope that being around Sissy for the next few weeks makes her less freaked when the puppy comes home. And in a few months, they'll adapt to each other I am sure
Ok I am off to Crystal's to watch the Professional Responsibility lecture from BarBri on video. Yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment