We're about 3 hours away from 2006 here in Texas. I have never really understood the big deal of New Year's Eve, but I am boring so it's to be expected that I wouldn't understand. Someone should show me what a fun New Year's Eve looks like and maybe I'll change my mind.
Tried to shop today but didn't see anything I really wanted. I can't decide what to do about the down vest. REI or Eddie Bauer? The Eddie Bauer one costs less, but the colors are suspect and possibly shiny. I'm not sure I feel good about shiny. Could be very bad. But REI I only have one color choice left: blue. I like blue. But is it worth the extra $20? I do not know.
Saw The Family Stone tonight. It was ok. Sort of strange.
I was reading Jessica's thoughts on 2006 on Ultratart and it got me to thinking. 2006 will be a big year in my life as well. Graduation, new job, maybe a new town. New dog! Lots of changes. Some of them I'm excited about, most of them I'm anxious about. At least I don't have any weddings to be in this year, so far. I don't think I could afford another wedding. Obviously, if someone important in my life asks me, I'd figure it out if I had to, but I don't really see that happening. UNLESS SOMEONE ISN'T TELLING ME SOMETHING!
No big plans for the rest of the trip to Texas. Perhaps tomorrow I'll sequester myself in my room and work on my paper even though my brain is not really in that place. Perhaps I should force it into that place.
I just found out that Brokeback Mountain is opening in Davis on January 6! Score! I can see it next week when I am back at school. I was getting sort of annoyed at having not been able to see it this break. Now I don't have to worry. I can see it at school if I don't see it before I get back.
And, back to 2006, my New Year's Resolutions:
1. Lose the weight I gained in law school, and get down to my goal weight of 115-120 (which is on my 101 in 1001).
2. Get my puppy house trained and trained to do tricks and show off when the family comes. :-)
3. 6 times a week of cardiovascular exercise. Walking the dog counts, but it must last at least 30 minutes. 3 times a week of weights.
4. Run the Fleet Feet Half-Marathon in March.
5. Eat an extra serving of fruit or vegetable every day.
That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good resolutions! especially teaching the puppy to do tricks.
love, mom
Post a Comment