Today I am 25. And according to some of the youth at my church, this is quite old, and I have cause to be concerned that I have not accomplished enough with my life. After all, I'm not married. Oh kids. So young. There are other things in life that matter besides being married. After all, in a few months I will have a law degree. That's an accomplishment.
What did I do to celebrate my birthday? I spent most of the day in my sweats. I watched tv. I took Keeley to the park to play with Mattie and Tucker, the resident border collies. I washed my car to get all the nasty salt and sand off it from the snow. Tonight Anne and Amy and I are going to Il Fornaio for dinner. Yum. We might have dessert there, or maybe we will go somewhere else.
What did I get for my birthday? A ski trip from my grandmother. This adorable bag from my mom. That's all. So far. Dad says I can buy myself something on his card or he'll get me something extra nice for graduation if I prefer. I got $50 from Great-Grandma. I'll probably get some money from my dad's parents. Perhaps I'll go hit the Banana Republic sale with this cash. Or maybe not. We'll have to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
in theory, i'm mailing it soon... you know how i am with those things... anne never got her birthday present
Post a Comment