Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The neighborhood being Bear Valley of course. Sunny, clear, no snow showers and a foot of fresh snow yesterday. I had to literally dig my car out from the snow. Granijo and I went off to the flats for a day of snowshoeing and cross-country skiing while Keeley went off with Ursula to dog daycare. Where she rode on a snowmobile! And played with other dogs.

Snowshoeing is great fun. Burns a bajillion calories despite the fact you aren't moving especially fast. We think we did 11K today. Just tromping around in the snow all day. Such fun. I tried a little off the trails stuff and that is really hard work. Your shoes get so heavy with snow and the resistance from a foot or two of snow is astounding. A good time had by all.

Tomorrow I am going to try skate skiing. This is the freestyle form of cross country, where you are not in tracks but are constantly pushing your legs out behind you (like you're skating on ice). It looks quite fun. It's faster than regular cross country and reported to be a full body workout. And Keeley will go off with Ursula again (who is amazing and wonderful with dogs and Keeley just loves her).

We'll drive home either tomorrow night or Thursday morning depending on weather and tiredness. I have insane amounts of schoolwork to do, none of which is getting done. Hee.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cooper said...

I'm jealous. I have not seen snow in almost 2 years. I hate it.