Monday, December 18, 2006

Decisions and More Interviews and Applications

I've decided that if Roseville woman offers me the job I won't take it. I need work but I DO NOT need to work for someone who is CRAZY. Sharon says I gotta trust my gut and something is off at that place. Maybe it was the "absolute loyalty" comment. Or the slumber party she had last spring. Or the fact that the other associate is making jokes about naming her baby after the attorney. FREAKY. Hopefully she won't even offer. Then its not like I did something stupid.

In the meantime, I've got a second interview in Auburn on Thursday (woo!) and California NOW is looking for a legislative director and I applied for that as well. It says a JD is "desirable." Yeah baby. They won't start interviewing until January though.

The thing with the Auburn job is it feels so right. Scary in some ways, in terms of responsibilities, but good. Like I know that he wouldn't let me fail and I'd get such great experience.

And I'm still making $16/hour at the temp job, which is great. Not like the job is great, its merely fine, but the $16/hour is going to be great when I get paid on Wednesday. And they need me through the end of the month, and that will keep me afloat financially for the next month. And then some I think.

I really want some ice cream. Badly. Like a hot fudge sundae ice cream. Two scoops with nuts and whipped cream. But its freezing outside and I do not want to go get ice cream in the cold. And I was a pig today and yesterday. Back on the horse tomorrow with fruit and Lean Cuisines.

No comments: