You know, spending Christmas away from my family was not as bad as I had feared it might be. I think that if I had a lot of time off it would have been harder, but with Christmas essentially being a long weekend, well Saturday I worked, yesterday I spent with Chante and her family, and today I opened presents, had breakfast, took Keeley to the park, went to Oakland for the afternoon with Jaimee and Phil and came home. Tomorrow I go to work again. I have laundry going now. See? Not that different from any other three day weekend.
But my Christmas presents were great. My dad and stepmom got me a set of Pyrex baking dishes with lids, a 15 piece set or something. My mom's parents got me a cute wind/water shell for outdoor activities and a scark and hat from Old Navy (more on this later). My mom gave me a wonderful cookbook and a scrapbook of my life (and a stuffed stocking). My stepdad gave me a JCrew gift card, and my dad's parents gave me a check, so I can buy some new clothes. My sister gave me the scales of justice (hee!) and my great-grandmother gave me a cute hoodie. All in all, a pretty good year.
I now own more scarves and hats then I did when I lived someplace cold enough to wear them all winter long. I have 6 scarves, 3 hats, 3 pairs of fleece or knit gloves, not counting my ski gloves and my cheap knit gloves from my skating days. Seriously? This must be some sort of a sign. I must be about to move someplace a little colder. Someplace like...Auburn maybe?! Cross your fingers!
Anyhow, Martha is sitting on my lap while I type this and purring. She's a real sweetie. She and Maia got a bunch of new catnip toys from Santa and Grandma, and they got a tin of wheat grass. Keeley got her Tricky Treat ball from Grandma, and Santa brought a few new bones and a new tug toy.
Oh it was bad news at WW on Sunday, so tomorrow I am redoubling my efforts. My new cookbook should make that easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment