The good news is Martha has returned! We missed her a lot and are very happy to have her home.
The other news is I had an interview today with a Roseville family law office and it seemed to go ok. She's allegedly going to make a decision by Tuesday. The bad news about it is the pay. It is low. Like I won't be doing anything but paying the minimums on my loans, all of them, when I had hoped to be seriously paying down my private loans. Of course, it turns out the billables are also ridiculously low, so it makes sense for the salary to be so low. Seriously, less than 80 billable hours every month? And truth be told, at the salary she quoted me, I wouldn't work more than 40 hours a week anyways.
I'm sort of conflicted about it. On the one hand, its a job which I really really need. On the other hand, the pay is terrible and I don't feel great about the job. Not like, oh I hated her but I'm desperate for work, but sort of uneasy. Like maybe there's something she wasn't telling me. Regardless, it's probationary for the first 90 days, so if I hated it, I could leave.
Sigh. I feel like the job in Auburn would be better in some respects and worse in others. Like I think it would pay better since he expected me to bill 1500 hours a year rather than 900 or something. But I don't know. I did fear that taking that job would be a terrifying experience of actually handling cases right away. I don't know the first thing about practicing law, surely he wouldn't let me actually handle a case right away! Still, he has not called when he said he would, and he has not responded to the email I sent him on Wednesday. I'll call on Monday, just to see where he's at I guess.
I dunno. I really don't feel that excited. Maybe its because I get my hopes up and nothing happens, and so I've trained myself not to get excited, but part of me really feels this isn't the right job for me and I'm terrified that if she offers it to me I'll accept and hate it. So maybe she won't offer it to me, and the other job in Auburn will work out for a bit more money and I can finish up at the temp job and at the restaurant and start in Auburn on January 2. Somehow though I just think it's probably not going to work out like that.
Oh well, at least Martha came home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When do you find out about the Auburn job? Or did you already and I missed it? That seems to be the ideal, right? You'll like it better.
No news on the Auburn job. I will call tomorrow and see if he's made progress.
Post a Comment