Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Is Winter Over Yet?

I walk the dog in the dark. All the time. Seriously, its dark when we get up in the morning, its dark when I get home at night. Thank God the shortest day of the year is tomorrow so that the days can get longer again. I hate winter. It makes me tired, all this darkness and the weak ass sun. Pathetic.

To make matters worse, I'm cooped up in a too warm building most of the day. When I go out to lunch, I at least get out and walk around. But going out costs money and since its cold and rather icky out, its not exactly like I could take my lunch to a park or something. It's all very annoying.

The Roseville firm called today and wants to do a second interview. I didn't have the heart to just turn it down because the assistant making the call said the attorney and the associate both liked me so much and were really excited about me. They asked me to come in tomorrow, but since tomorrow won't work, we said after the first of the year. Which gives me tomorrow with Auburn, and then a second chance with these people. Maybe they will be less crazy the second time.

In other news I have had 5? 6? phone calls tonight from the same number, all of them silence on the other end. It's a 702 number which is from Nevada I guess. I'm unlisted and I'm on the Do Not Call list. I do get calls from people looking for some Hispanic named individuals, but these are weirder. Seriously, 5 or 6 calls tonight. Only one of them while I was home. Very strange. Probably some telemarketer but I am irritated nonetheless.

I guess that's all. Tomorrow I am going to wear my super cute gray JCrew suit with my super cute argyle print sweater underneath to my interview. And maybe my little Kenneth Cole kitten heels instead of my pointy high heels. Slightly more casual. Also, I will be the only one that dressed up, no doubt about it. I promise to update post-interview. Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

The Once and Future TC said...

I have the same issue with walking my dogs...it's always, always dark. I'm so over it.