Saturday, December 30, 2006

Eve of the Eve

The Eve itself will be spent working, and hopefully making some decent money. As I never do anything on New Year's Eve anyways, it makes more sense to work and earn money rather than spend it.

I'm working on my New Year's Resolutions. I think I will limit them to just a few, most of them already being on my 101 in 1001 (which will be updated soon).

1. Lose the law school weight for good. Goal weight is 120 lbs. That's 20 lbs from now, but I know I can do it.
2. Run the Santa Barbara Wine Country Half-Marathon in less than 2:30. Have my great-grandma wait for me at the finish line!
3. Work. You know, legal work.
4. Start and stick with a decent weight training plan. You know, something moderate like twice a week. Nothing major.
5. Pay off my credit cards, and save at least $1000 into my IRA this year.

That's all.

Today was my annual post-Christmas technology shopping excursion. I actually went in search of a specific external hard drive to back up my computer and Tivo recordings on. Fry's only had 300 GB, 500GB or 750GB in the kind I wanted, so I tried Best Buy and Office Max and Staples. The latter two had the one I wanted (Maxtor One Touch) but the price wasn't great so I ended up finding it online for $120 (they wanted $150-$200 at the stores), with free shipping. I also got a car charger for my phone, and an inexpensive Bluetooth headset for my phone as well. Those suckers cost a lot, and I was not willing to pay $50 or $100 for such a thing. $30 is better.

Now I've cleaned my kitchen, and taken down the Christmas tree. I'm about to put my running clothes on and go do 20 minutes, on the treadmill because I spent the afternoon napping so I blew a chance to do it outside with Keeley. Oh well. Then I think I've got an exciting evening of laundry and vaccuming ahead of me!

1 comment:

feithline said...

I have pretty much the same resolutions as you, minus the marathon, plus flossing. I'd like more exciting resolutions, like "Climb Mt Everest" or whatever, but those kinds of things are actually easier to accomplish than the mundane, monotonous, awful stuff, like applying to 100 more jobs that you'll never hear a peep from. If I were going to climb Mt Everest, I'd have a team of 50 people at base camp supporting me and some kind of endorsement from Powerbar. I have yet to receive any endorsement offers to ride my elliptical machine in my office.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your Auburn job. I'm liking Thursday as a good news day.