Sunday, August 07, 2005

The continuing efforts at 101 in 1001

7. See someone famous while living in LA this summer. Failed. Miserably. I did see someone who looked sort of familiar at the gym one night but I don't think I could tell you who it was. Can I change it to see someone famous in LA during these 1001 days? Because I am. That seems possible. You need to be out more than I was, apparently.

26. Learn one cocktail I like well enough to order in a bar and make at home. Done. 8/6/2005. I like mojitos! They are delicious! Special thanks to Nat's friend Betsy for introducing me to the yummy goodness of lime juice, simple syrup, mint and a bit of rum.

60. Go to the Getty Museum while in LA this summer. Done. 8/5/2005. Nat and I went on Friday night and saw a Rembrandt exhibit as well as the gardens, and had dinner. It was a beautiful evening, and the Rembrandt exhibit was just the right amount of art - 16 paintings! With audio on 9 of them, and written descriptions for the rest.

The best news is that I am home! My apartment is wonderful. My car stereo has been replaced (and the faceplate removed for the evening). Tivo is plugged in and configuring itself. On Wednesday I will be with Fatty again.

I also have an extremely cute new pair of running shoes. Cute, I realize, is not the objective of running shoes, so I should also add they are extremely lightweight. And I am very much looking forward to running in them tomorrow. The guy who sold them to me was also quite cute. Sadly, he lives in LA and I? No longer do. Also? I was not looking especially cute yesterday as we had planned a trip to the beach (which was fogged in, and thus we walked around instead) so I was makeup-less and my hair looked assy.

Before said purchase we walked around the Venice canals area. Beautiful. Amazing houses on these canals. Sadly, not someplace I will ever be able to afford to live. There were two empty lots, $1.2 and $1.4 million. The more expensive lot was less than 3000 square feet. Isn't that sad? Who on earth could afford that?

Anyhow. I'm home. Tomorrow I have a lot to do.

No comments: